Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Dennis the Menace Songs



This album is actually different than the one Mondo Daddykin loaded in a while back on his site. While this came out during the show's original run in 1960 you won't find any of the original show's cast here. Dennis is played here by a boy named Philip Fox who does kind of sound like Jay North. This is taken from a CD re-release from 1998 which is now out of print. In this album "Dennis mixes up his own words to 16 all-time favorite melodies" with these exceptions: Track 1 is the instrumental theme to the TV show, Track 15 is the vocal version of the theme (Betcha didn't know it had words, did you?), and Track 16 is a CD bonus track of an entirely different Dennis the Menace song sung by "Anne Lloyd and the Sandpipers with Bobby Neck as Dennis". That leaves 13 all-time favorite melodies which still ain't bad!

Here's the track list:
  1. Mi Televizhun Song (Dennis the Menace Theme)
  2. I'm Home!
  3. My Mommy and Daddy
  4. Margaret
  5. Good Ol' Mr. Wilson
  6. I HATE Liver
  7. What Am I Gonna Do Today?
  8. Is Someone in Trouble
  9. Someday
  10. I Hate Spelling
  11. I Sure Love the Summertime!
  12. Jeepers Dad
  13. An Av'rage Day
  14. I'm an Important Member of the Family
  15. My Theme Song (vocal version)
  16. Dennis the Menace Song (bonus track)

This album is now available to purchase in mp3 format from Amazon.com. You can find it here!

No comments: